Accumulated dust, dirt, and other allergens can take their toll on your home and your health. That’s where professional carpet cleaning comes in. A good carpet cleaning service Melbourne will not only get your carpets looking and smelling fresh again, but they will also remove all the dirt, dust, and other allergens that can cause problems for people with allergies or asthma. In this post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about hiring a carpet cleaning service and how to get the most out of their services.
Why you should get your carpets cleaned by professionals?
Most of us don’t think about getting our carpets cleaned on a regular basis, but it’s important for a few reasons. For one, carpets can act as a breeding ground for bacteria and dust mites. Not only are they ugly to look at, but these creatures can cause asthma and other respiratory problems.
Additionally, carpets can trap dust, pollen and other allergens, which can aggravate allergies and asthma. Professional carpet cleaning services use powerful equipment and solutions to remove all of the dirt, dust and allergens from your carpets, leaving them clean and healthy.
How often you should get your carpets cleaned?
Most professional carpet cleaning companies recommend having your carpets cleaned every six to twelve months.
Why? The frequency of carpet cleaning depends on a few factors: how often you walk on your carpets, the type of fibres used in the carpeting, and the amount of pet hair and dander present in your home. In general, though, it’s a good idea to get your carpets cleaned at least once a year to remove any built-up dirt, dust, and allergens that can cause respiratory problems.
What types of carpet cleaning services are available?
There are three main types of carpet cleaning services: deep cleaning, stain removal, and carpet protection.
Deep cleaning is a more thorough clean that targets all the deepest dirt and grime in your carpets. It usually includes a pre-treatment, agitation, and hot water extraction. Stain removal is exactly what it sounds like – a service that helps get rid of any pesky stains on your carpets. Carpet protection is a service that seals your carpets and protects them from future dirt and stains. This is a great option if you have pets or young children, as it helps keep your carpets looking cleaner for longer.
What to look for in a carpet cleaning service?
Not all carpet cleaning services are created equal. Here are a few things to look for when choosing a service:
- Does the company have insurance?
- What type of equipment do they use? (bona fide professional equipment is best)
- Which solutions and methods do they use? (Some solutions can be harsh and damage carpets, so it’s important to know what to expect.)
- Do they have any guarantees or warranties in place?
- Are the employees bonded and insured?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they offer any money-back guarantees?
How to prepare for a professional carpet cleaning service?
When you’re ready to book a carpet cleaning service, there are a few things you can do to prepare. The first is to vacuum your carpets thoroughly. This will help remove any loose dirt or debris that may be in the fibres and could cause problems during the cleaning process.
Next, move all of your furniture out of the way. This will allow the cleaners to have easy access to all of the carpets and will help them to work more efficiently. If you have any pet allergies, it’s a good idea to remove your pets’ bedding and toys from the room before the cleaners arrive. This will help keep any allergens contained and will make the cleaning process much more comfortable for you.
Tips for after your carpets have been cleaned
Congratulations, your carpets are now clean! Here are a few tips to keep them looking that way:
- Vacuum the carpets immediately after the cleaning process is complete. This will help remove any dirt or debris that was dislodged during the cleaning process.
- Do not walk on the carpets until they are completely dry. This will help prevent any dirt or dust from getting embedded in the fibres and causing them to become re-stained.
- Keep pets off of the carpets until they are completely dry to avoid any additional messes.
- If any spots or stains reappear after a few days, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We’re always happy to help!
It’s important to keep your carpets clean and free of harmful allergens and dirt to maintain a healthy home. By hiring a professional Carpet Cleaning Services, you can ensure that your carpets get the deep clean they need to keep them looking and smelling fresh.